- The Cobra is sled-to-sled tool that can produce and hold hundreds of pounds of pulling force on a stuck snowmobile.
- Also made of stretch cord bundled in a corrugated vinyl tube with a hook on both ends.
Step 1. Establish a trail around the stuck sled. This may take several passes and it is important to remember that each situation is different and to use the approach that is to your best advantage. Attach Snobunje Cobra, leaving some slack, to the ski loop of the stuck snowmobile and the tow bar of an assisting snowmobile. (For best results we recommend installing a trailer hitch to your snowmobiles).
Step 2. The assisting snowmobile slowly moves forward with just enough momentum to avoid spinning their track, and sets their brake. Cobra will stretch to approximately 6 ft. and will hold 300 to 400 lbs. of pulling force.
Step 3. They then dismount their sled and attach Snobunje Rattler to a ski on the stuck sled. Using Method #1 the assistant adds another pulling force to the effort. With the Cobra holding an unattended pulling force and the assistant with the Rattler adding their force, the stuck snowmobiler throttles their sled, moving forward and to the side of the assistant. Whether using another sled or a tree as a dead man, or turning a stuck sled on a deep slope (we recommend hooking the uphill ski), Cobra can allow application of forces that you otherwise could not use..
- When "Picker" gets stuck, you pull out the Snobunje Cobra, pic #1.
- Hook up the Cobra as shown in pic #1.
- Put as much pressure on the Cobra as you can, pic #2.
- Hop off the sled, gun the gas on both sleds, and out you come, pic #3 & pic #4.
- Note: This method saves putting undo stress on your back by trying to pull the sled out without assistance of the Snobunje Cobra's help!
- Note: We carry both the Rattler & the Cobra from Snobunje when we go sledding, as shown in Dave's pic above.
- Hook up the Cobra, as shown in pic #1.
- Hook up the Rattler, as shown in pic #2, and put pressure on both the Cobra & the Rattler.
- Hit the gas on your sled as shown in pic #3, keeping pressure on the Cobra & the Rattler.
- Pic #4 shows how easy you come out using this method.
5100 Magnolia Ste. B
Casper, Wyoming 82604
Office Hours: 9:00am- 6:00pm 1-307-235-0625