1. Attach the Ducks Unlimited Warn winch and the associated fairlead to the Winch-Carrier Plate, using the fasteners that were included with the winch. Make sure that the 5/16-18 bolts that attach the winch to the Winch-Carrier Plate are torque to approximately 20 ft-lbs.
2. Install the Winch-Carrier Plate into the rear-receiver and secure with a Hitch-Pin and Clip.
It is recommended that the winch is stored in the rear-receiver when not in use. It has been determined that the winch is less likely to be damaged while it is stored in the rear than in the front receiver. This is because the winch tends to "stick-out" and is not protected as is the permanently-mounted-winch systems.
1. Remove the two bolts shown below, on both side's of the ATV.
2. Before placing the side support brackets into position, brake off the spacers using pliers.
3. Place the removed spacers between the frame and side support brackets on the rear bracket bolts. Using the supplied M8 X 1.25 X 25 mm and M10 X 1.25 X 30 mm bolts, bolt the side brackets into position, repeat for opposite side. [Do not tighten at this time.]
3a. It may be necessary to space out the muffler away from the support bracket ( I had to do this, by placing the spacers between the muffler and the frame, using the longer bolts supplied with your kit.) This may not be required to do on all applications. However if the muffler is making contact with the side support bracket use the large spacers and longer hex bolts and lock washers in the fastener kit to space the muffler away from the bracket.
4. Position the rear-receiver between the left and right side brackets as seen below [ I loosely pre-attached the brackets to the rear receiver. It seemed easier to install it as a whole unit.]. Attach with four supplied 5/16-18 x 3/4" bolts, 5/16 lock washers, and 5/16-18 nuts.
5. Check to make sure the rear-receiver is approximately level and then tighten all the fasteners.