You will need these parts to get your project started. Included in this
parts list is the Commander Track Kit, and the Adapter
Kit to mount the tracks to your Kawasaki Prairie 650/700.
- Kimpex part # 073348 - Commander Tracks for Kawasaki Prairie 650/700
- Kimpex part # 373311 - Adapter Kit for the Kawasaki Prairie.
Start your project by laying out all your parts to make sure you have
everything accounted for according to the parts list.
I like to lay out my parts according to the blue prints.
This way when I need a part, it is very easy to locate whatever one I need, as
we do the installation.
- Get you ATV in a position so you can work on it easy. I have a block
attached to my ceiling rafters in my shop, that I can winch my ATV's up on. This
is the easiest way to get at the under belly of your machine to work on it.
- I started out by removing the skid plate, oem front plastic a-arm
protectors, and any other hardware that will be in the way of installing your
adapter mounting plate.
- Note: You need to attach the anti-rotation
hangers to the adapter plate before you install it on
- The very first part to go on your ATV will be the adaptor
plate. The one we are installing works with the snow plow and the
tracks. It has the plow mount attachments plus holes in the rear of the plate to
attach the anti-rotation hangers.
- Now it's time to lower your ATV down so you can start attaching the rest of
the parts. I have an ATV lift that lifts the entire ATV up level off of the
floor. This makes it easy to work on both ends of your ATV without using
multiple jacks. It is a lot safer to work on this way too.
Next, install the wheel adaptor hub to your rear hubs. This adapter allows you
to attach the tracks to your rear hubs.
- Next step is to install the Anti-rotation support on your
- Note: Bare in mind these tracks are directional. The
easiest way to determine track direction is to locate the arrow on your tracks,
which should be facing forward for correct track direction.
- Make sure you install the Bolting Plate on the correct side
of the tracks. This plate keeps your bolts from pulling through your
- The Anti-rotation support fits only one way, so you can't mess it up. To
check that you have the correct alignment, the hole in the plate should be aimed
towards the Anti-rotation hangers on your plow mounting bracket.
- Now, let's install the rear tracks. Remember arrows on the
track facing forward, for correct direction of rotation.
- Kimpex supply's you with a swivel socket to allow you to
tighten the acorn nuts that hold your track on.
- Note: Make sure when you slide the track hub onto the
adapter that you have them centered / aligned up correctly.
- Torque the acorn nuts to spec.
- Next, attach your Anti-rotation arm. I found it easier to
install the track side of the Anti-rotation arm first, then install the front
portion last. You may have to adjust the jack up or down to align and install
the front portion.
- Note: Follow the blue print to spec.
- You are now done the rear part of the installation. All that is left, is to
adjust the Anti-rotation arm so your track rides
- Note: Do not adjust your Anti-rotation arm
until you have installed all 4 of the tracks. This way your ATV will be sitting
correctly when you make the adjustments. I set the rear tracks to set flat. You
can see in the pictures. At this time you can adjust the front tracks too.