- Quick release is easy to use.
- Bee graphics are awesome.
- Full face with full opening front allows using a camera without removing your helmet.
Jacket & Pants
- Nice fitting sharp looking jacket & pants.
- Fleece liner keeps you warm when the temps drop.
- Reflective piping keeps you visible around others.
- Very nice fitment with a warm dry outer shell.
- Glove is very comfortable to wear during aggressive riding.
- Gauntlet style keeps the cold air from entering your sleeves.
- These are the lightest, warmest, most comfortable boots made.
- Boots keep you warm during any weather.
- Has removable liner to aid in drying liner after use.
CKX Snowmobile Gear is my preference for cold weather riding here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. The weather can be pretty robust here sometimes, and sometimes it seems to be like the Arctic here. Bare in mind some days when you are riding aggressive you do not need the type of gear that we usually wear here.
This is why I chose the CKX X-Tronic Jacket, Fleece Liner, & X-Style pants to wear this season. This gear can be layered for different temperatures, and I really like wearing this outfit when I am riding hard. It is just enough to keep me very warm, but not too much that I turn into a sweat machine during our ride.
The Taiga boots are some of the warmest, lightest, and most comfortable snowmobile boots I have ever worn. The Total Grip gloves are warm, but provide excellent grip while riding hard. The gauntlet style keeps the cold air from entering your jacket sleeves, which can be very annoying if it is cold out.
The Trans-RSV Mad Bee Helmet not only fits great, but has great graphics. I am sure some of my buddies that I have been riding with this winter have seen the mad bee up close. This is also my favorite style of helmet because it opens far enough to allow me to take pictures without taking my helmet off. This saves a bunch of time when the group is waiting for you to snap some quick pics.
The bottom line is if you aren't comfortable, warm, and dry while riding, then forget it, because you will not enjoy your ride. This is why I choose CKX Gear for my snowmobile adventures. This gear is a very good investment, and if taken care of will give you many years of faithful service. I would highly recommend this gear for spirited riding, racing, or during the warmer spring riding that we most often do.